SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY PROJECTS
Corporate Social Responsibility is a key component of Dow’s business strategy globally and in our Region.
In Russia and CIS, Dow has been a proud local corporate citizen since 1974 matching its business growth with high commitments to local communities: creating products to help advance human progress, engaging employees as volunteers, supporting various education programs as well as providing disaster relief.
Below are some of Dow's CSR projects in Russia and CIS
- Moscow, Russia: Dow officially opened a students’ chemical laboratory at the D. Mendeleev University of Chemical Technology of Russia. Dow’s financial support to the project and the University focused on repairing and refurbishing existing equipment and purchasing new educational tools to deliver fascinating chemistry lessons and experiments. Dow volunteers will also take an active part in preparing the lessons and experiments as part of the Company’s global STEM initiative, which aims at promoting Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics among students by supporting and initiating educational projects. More
- Moscow, Russia: The Dow Chemical Company (Dow) jointly with the Russian Chemists Union and other chemical companies took part in Moscow Science Festival within VIII All-Russian Science Festival. The agenda included experiments with Dow polyurethanes and master-classes of Dow STEM-ambassadors.
Dow employees told about Dow STEM movement aimed at promoting science and technical specialties among students supporting and initiating educational projects. Dow launched the global STEM initiative in 2014. During the recent three years, more than 3,000 STEM Ambassadors supported more than 2, 500 teachers and 700 projects enhancing STEM opportunities for more than 380, 000 students. More
- Moscow, Russia: Dow jointly with a charity fund Arifmetika dobra took part in ChemFest 2018, an annual festival of the Russian chemical industry manufacturers and research institutes, on June 2nd, 2018 in Ekaterininskiy park, Moscow.
The event attracted around 800 participants from more than 30 chemical companies all around Russia and was organized by the Ministry of industry and trade of Russia, and the Russian Chemists Union. ChemFest is a sport festival, dedicated to Chemist's Day celebration, becoming a traditional event to promote chemical industry and facilitate public interest to sciences.
Young visitors could enjoy colorful polyurethane transformations by Dow Izolan and attend exciting experiments by Dow STEM ambassadors at Dow stand, where everyone could also donate to orphans' education programs realized by Arifmetika dobra.
- Moscow, Russia: Dow Russia hosted a group of schoolchildren from Novogurievsky educational orphanage in Moscow office.
The agenda included an introductory session about the Company held by Dow HR colleagues, career stories from Dow representatives, a tour around the office and a “pH indicator” lesson under the STEM umbrella.
- Moscow, Russia: The Dow Chemical Company took part in the jury committee of the final stage of IQ-CHem, the sixth international projects contest in Russia, on June 7 at Skolkovo 2017 Startup Village, a major start-up conference in Moscow. Sibur, as the main organizer of the contest, has already announced that 12 startups were selected for the final contest. The applicants included teams from Belgium, Germany, Russia, the USA, the Czech Republic and Switzerland. More
- Vladimir, Russia: Dow Izolan, a joint venture company formed by The Dow Chemical Company (Dow) and the Scientific Manufacturing Company Izolan ltd., and Dow took part in the official opening of a new mini-football sports ground in Lukhtonovo boarding school for orphans. More
- Astana, Kazakhstan: The Dow Chemical Company participated in the official opening of the touch-sensitive room in the Children’s Development Center SOS Children’s Village Astana. The ceremony took place on April 19 in the Children’s Centre Astana. Igor Girnyk, country manager of Dow in Kazakhstan, Zauresh Arystanova, program director SOS Children’s Village program Astana and Valentina Gelasimova, coordinator of the Development Center in SOS Children’s Village Astana, were present at the event. More
- Kiev, Ukraine: The Dow Chemical Company supported the All-Ukrainian Junior Water Prize, the national stage of the international contest in Stockholm, and become a general partner of the event. The main purpose of the contest is to attract the attention of students to the problems of clean water scarcity and rational use of water resources. More
- Kiev, Ukraine: Dow and National Olympic Committee (NOC) of Ukraine identified the best ecological project among students of 5th and 6th grades of Ukraine. More
- Moscow, Russia: Dow participated in All-Russia Science Festival NAUKA 0+, an interactive educational platform for scientific knowledge and modern technologies. The event took place on October 7-9 at Expocentre. For the second time together with the Russian Chemists Union and other leading chemical companies Dow attracted the attention of schoolchildren and young specialists to the importance of chemistry as a science as well as to the prestige of chemical education by reopening “The School of Alchemy” at the joint stand. More