SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY PROJECTS
Corporate Social Responsibility is a key component of Dow’s business strategy globally and in our Region.
In Russia and CIS, Dow has been a proud local corporate citizen since 1974 matching its business growth with high commitments to local communities: creating products to help advance human progress, engaging employees as volunteers, supporting various education programs as well as providing disaster relief.
Below are some of Dow's CSR projects in Russia and CIS
- Moscow, Russia: The Dow Chemical Company took part in the jury committee of the final stage of IQ-CHem, the sixth international projects contest in Russia, on June 7 at Skolkovo 2017 Startup Village, a major start-up conference in Moscow. Sibur, as the main organizer of the contest, has already announced that 12 startups were selected for the final contest. The applicants included teams from Belgium, Germany, Russia, the USA, the Czech Republic and Switzerland. More
- Vladimir, Russia: Dow Izolan, a joint venture company formed by The Dow Chemical Company (Dow) and the Scientific Manufacturing Company Izolan ltd., and Dow took part in the official opening of a new mini-football sports ground in Lukhtonovo boarding school for orphans. More
- Astana, Kazakhstan: The Dow Chemical Company participated in the official opening of the touch-sensitive room in the Children’s Development Center SOS Children’s Village Astana. The ceremony took place on April 19 in the Children’s Centre Astana. Igor Girnyk, country manager of Dow in Kazakhstan, Zauresh Arystanova, program director SOS Children’s Village program Astana and Valentina Gelasimova, coordinator of the Development Center in SOS Children’s Village Astana, were present at the event. More
- Kiev, Ukraine: The Dow Chemical Company supported the All-Ukrainian Junior Water Prize, the national stage of the international contest in Stockholm, and become a general partner of the event. The main purpose of the contest is to attract the attention of students to the problems of clean water scarcity and rational use of water resources. More
- Kiev, Ukraine: Dow and National Olympic Committee (NOC) of Ukraine identified the best ecological project among students of 5th and 6th grades of Ukraine. More
- Moscow, Russia: Dow participated in All-Russia Science Festival NAUKA 0+, an interactive educational platform for scientific knowledge and modern technologies. The event took place on October 7-9 at Expocentre. For the second time together with the Russian Chemists Union and other leading chemical companies Dow attracted the attention of schoolchildren and young specialists to the importance of chemistry as a science as well as to the prestige of chemical education by reopening “The School of Alchemy” at the joint stand. More